Oh, I soooo love all of this stuff! Not to mention they’re getting extra entries into the Launch contest too…
From Taylor, a playlist for the series, with explanations as to why she picked the songs (I really have to check out some of these songs now!):
1) The Distance that Killed Us- We the Kings
- I think this song is relevant to Still Sucks to Be Me when Mina and George are separated for a while and she still hasn’t heard from him, and even though she thinks she loves him and wants to wait for him to make contact she starts to have feelings towards Cameron.
2) One in the Same- Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato
- I think this song is relevant to the friendship between Sirena and Mina because even though they look completely different they are the same at heart and are unseperable.
3) Dead End Countdown- The New Cities
- I think this song is relevant to Sucks to Be Me when Mina is faced with the desicion of whether or not to become a vampire and is faced with boy problems, family problems, and friend problems along the way and she only has a very short period of time to figure it out. It seemed like a countdown!
4) Paranoid- The Jonas Brothers
- I think this is relevant to SSTBM when Mina is new at school and she sees that everyone is looking at her and copying her. And this song also mentions “Stop the Noise” which was a problem Mina was having.
5) I’ve Got Nerve- Hannah Montana
- I think this is relevant because it describes Minas personality so well. She just dives into everything and she never runs away from a problem. Even though she gets nervous and scared she realises she needs to face her problems, she really has nerve.
6) A Different Side of Me- Allstar Weekend
- I think this is relevant because throughout the two novels Mina mentions things she wants to change about her self and others, and things that she thinks would be awesome if she had. A Different Side of Me talks about what it would be like living out your dream and having a different style of life. This could even be talking about Minas thoughts about what it would be like to be a vampire in STBM.
7) If We Ever Meet Again- Timbaland ft Katy Perry
- I think this song could possibly be talking about Mina and Camerons relationship. He leaves at the end in fear of his safety, leaving Mina with nothing but a kiss and some memories. If he came back she would have feelings arise and she definitly wouldn’t be same as she was when he left.
8) Perfect Accident- Jesse Labelle
- I think this has something to do with Mina and George and how they each liked different people but then in the end they realised that they liked each other, and their relationship kind of happened by accident. In SSTBM we see that they really love each other so you could say that them falling in love was a perfect accident.
9) Big Girls Don’t Cry- Fergie
- I think that even though this song is about a boy who is leaving a girl, and she needs to become independent and grow up again, that this song also has something to do with Mina’s choices in Still Sucks to Be Me. Between her decision that she can move on with George, and the decision that she made when Sirena’s mind was being erased. In the song she says “I’m going to miss you like a child misses their blanket,” and “It’s time to be a big girl now, and big girls don’t cry,” this has relevance to Mina’s relationships with the people from her life (Sirena) before being a vampire, and even though she is really sad to have to let them move on, she realizes that she too needs to move on for the best.
10) Fly on the Wall- Miley Cyrus
- I find this one has relevance because of the Vampire Council and the fact that they think that they can control everything that Mina does with her life as a vampire. It’s like the Vampire Council wants to hear everything she says and sees everything she does, to make sure she doesn’t break any rules, even though they can’t. I think this would also be a pretty cool song for the “battle” type scene around the end of Still Sucks to Be Me.
11) She’d Be California- Rascal Flatts
- I think that this song has relevance because when Mina is the new girl at school in Still Sucks to Be Me, everyone thinks she’s perfect and pretty and this song is about a girl who is so perfect and is every guys dream girl. So instead of describing Mina from her point of view it is describing her from everyone else’s point of view.
12) 7 Things- Miley Cyrus
- I think that this song is relevant because it describes someone who has flaws but through all the flaws she still loved him anyway. I think this is good to describe Mina and George because even though George left, when he came back Mina was really upset but because she loved him so much she was able to look past it and forgive him. She loved him because of the annoying flaws, as well as his amazing qualities.
And from Elizabeth, both vampire squirrels and her Chibi take on what everyone looks like! So adorable I can’t even explain it…you just have to see it!